EQUIPMENTS OWNED NEEDED IN MEMBER'S PR0FILE ???

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
Cafesp

EQUIPMENTS OWNED NEEDED IN MEMBER'S PR0FILE ???

Post by Cafesp »

Hello Admin and everyone,
I'm newbie with very limited experience but enjoy learning from the others
IMHO, when reading any posts; it would be very helpful if I can look into other member's profile to see what she/he listed ( her/his own will , pls. do not worry about ego issue in our forum ) a specific grinder, roaster, favorite drinks, blends, beans and any favorite hometown cafes or when traveling aboard ( we're international :P ) so I could contact for my specific help.
I still not hook up my VII yet; so if I keep posting my silly, repeated or boring below 101 questions, pretty soon my rank will be GOD SHOT :oops: while still not pulling just one shot! :lol: ( BTW can I stay "ESPRESSO" 4ever, that's all my love )
Just my 2cents thought after (still, b/c good grinder :shock: ) having a good cup of coffee

Cafesp :roll: :oops:
Niko

Post by Niko »

Okay "MR. GOD SHOT"... :D
I think it's a good idea to have a specific part in the forum where people can chat about things coffee and other things such as what you just mentioned - like home town cafes, etc..

This would be kind of like a "lobby" for the S1 Cafe...
new people can visit, exchange some info - this would be especially helpful for prospective S1 owners. Maybe guests can post a question or two but I'm not sure if Chas would want to deal with just about anyone posting without registering - this can wreak havoc in the spam department. But then again maybe just lock it into a certain section only where unregistered guests can post. It's the internet trolls and spammers that worry me.
I've been wanting to see a nice little area where new members can introduce themselves (I know there's sort of a general area for this) but the forum is growing to the point where Chas will probably create a new section eventually. The site is definitely growing :thumbright:

Now back to your OP, I agree it can be helpful to have an equipment list in member profiles so one can see what the other uses.
Niko

Re: EQUIPMENTS OWNED NEEDED IN MEMBER'S PR0FILE ???

Post by Niko »

Cafesp wrote: I still not hook up my VII yet; so if I keep posting my silly
...what? You haven't connected your machine yet? :?
jmcphail

Post by jmcphail »

I really feel for Cafesp for not having his working yet, I really do!
wgaggl

Post by wgaggl »

The equipment list is a great idea. Many times when comparing settings that people posted it would have come handy for me; such as knowing if someone posting brewing temps has a (offset calibrated calibrated) VII or the original S1, etc... Till now I usually had to guess such things or ask back.
Again, great idea.

Wolfgang
Cafesp

Re: EQUIPMENTS OWNED NEEDED IN MEMBER'S PR0FILE ???

Post by Cafesp »

[quote="Niko"][/quote]...what? You haven't connected your machine yet? :?
Cause I don't want you call me MR. GOD SHOT :oops:
Cafesp

Post by Cafesp »

wgaggl wrote:The equipment list is a great idea. Many times when comparing settings that people posted it would have come handy for me; such as knowing if someone posting brewing temps has a (offset calibrated calibrated) VII or the original S1, etc... Till now I usually had to guess such things or ask back.
Again, great idea.

Wolfgang
That's exactly what I meant when proposing the equipment list! :cry:
Hope we have option for that! :roll:

Cafesp
Niko

Post by Niko »

We can always add an equipment list in our signature, I used to have mine but the area isn't large enough :lol:

I know what you mean though, an equipment list kind of like H-B and some others.
Cafesp wrote:
Niko wrote:
I'm sorry....I meant "Sir God Shot" :D
Niko

Post by Niko »

jmcphail wrote:I really feel for Cafesp for not having his working yet, I really do!
Love your avatar!
...is it a Dog Shot?
Cafesp

Post by Cafesp »

jmcphail wrote:I really feel for Cafesp for not having his working yet, I really do!
Thanks... but I still can have one acceptable single shot ( Illy dark roast ). :o
Amazing how a good grinder makes the difference in taste!( same $bucks Italia, same coffee ) :shock:
BTW, jmcphail,(Sir Dog shot) do we have the same Cimbali Max Hybrid grinder ? :roll:

Cafesp
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Niko wrote:We can always add an equipment list in our signature, I used to have mine but the area isn't large enough :lol:

I know what you mean though, an equipment list kind of like H-B and some others.
Cafesp wrote:
Niko wrote:
I'm sorry....I meant "Sir God Shot" :D
With this forum software, the signature is about the only place for it. I have quadrupled the max signature size for this possibility though this may still not be enough for Niko.
S1 Cafe Admin
http://www.s1cafe.com
jmcphail

Post by jmcphail »

We have the same grinder, it's my first "good" grinder. I like it so far; I haven't even tried to clean it yet, nor have I modified the hopper throat or the finger-guard inside the doser as I have read about, I'm just trying to learn to live with it at this point. It has a certain presence about it, don't you think?
Cafesp wrote:BTW, jmcphail,(Sir Dog shot) do we have the same Cimbali Max Hybrid grinder ? :roll:

Cafesp
Definitely a Dog Shot, my youngest RR, Caesar, taken at about 10 weeks old ( he's 5 now ). He's my loveable cave-puppy... :D ( I call him that because he's so primitive ). He's a clown on four legs!
Niko wrote:Love your avatar!
...is it a Dog Shot?
Cafesp

Post by Cafesp »

mcphail wrote:We have the same grinder, it's my first "good" grinder. I like it so far; I haven't even tried to clean it yet, nor have I modified the hopper throat or the finger-guard inside the doser as I have read about, I'm just trying to learn to live with it at this point. It has a certain presence about it, don't you think ?
As of Jan. 08 what I've learned Chris has sold about 25 of them. Conical & Flat burr grinder will be more widespread with time because of its grind quality!( IMHO).
I left the grinder alone, and wish to exchange with you about grind setting if needed. Thanks for the pm.
"Dog shot" is so cute :lol: I grew up with a German Shepherd & had one pure breed years ago (miss her now)! So We know how much fun & bonding with them, right ?

Cafesp
Cafesp

Post by Cafesp »

admin wrote:
Niko wrote:We can always add an equipment list in our signature, I used to have mine but the area isn't large enough :lol:

With this forum software, the signature is about the only place for it. I have quadrupled the max signature size for this possibility though this may still not be enough for Niko.
On behalf of Niko&Others(Cafesp included) we thank Admin for your precious Space&Time :D :D :D

Cafesp :D
jmcphail

Post by jmcphail »

Cool, just ask once you have things hooked up. I think the dial indicators on the grinder could be different for us, but I the way I reached my grind setting should work for any grinder.
Cafesp wrote:I left the grinder alone, and wish to exchange with you about grind setting if needed. Thanks for the pm.
I could go on forever, but emphatically YES.
Cafesp wrote:"Dog shot" is so cute :lol: I grew up with a German Shepherd & had one pure breed years ago (miss her now)! So We know how much fun & bonding with them, right ?
Cafesp

Return to “General Q&A”