Converting a 15A to 20A machine

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
Kagy

Converting a 15A to 20A machine

Post by Kagy »

Is this possible and safe? I guess I just don't want to give up anything in the future by buying the 15A model.

Thanks!
BobG

Post by BobG »

Why not setup the machine for 20 amp then just run it in Econ Mode? Then you can just buy a 20 amp outlet and install on your regular circuit. Then if you get a 20 amp circuit eventually, then you machine will be all set to use without changing anything out on the S1.

Bob
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Check your breaker box. Even though my house is 25 years old and all the outlets in the kitchen had std outlets, all the circuits are actually 20A so I just changed the outlet to 20A on one of these.

It's even a worst case scenario in my case since the only other outlet on the same circuit is the one for the refrigerator. This set up hasn't blown the breaker once in almost a year. I think my S1 is 2-3 weeks away from its 1st birthday!
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
mkc
Latte

Post by mkc »

I asked Chris about this when I ordered my S1 last week. He said the change back to 20 Amp was as simple as flipping the 15/20A switch and replacing the plug on the end of the cord. Since the units all start as 20A models (his techs do the swap to 15A), all components are properly rated, including the power cord.

Michelle
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Michelle. Thanks for joining and breaking up the All Boys Club.
S1 Cafe Admin
http://www.s1cafe.com

Return to “General Q&A”