Installing filter housing

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
ScottW
Espresso

Re: Installing filter housing

Post by ScottW »

TomP10 wrote: I am worried about the ability of drywall holding the filters. Are they heavy enough to pull loose? Is this something to be worried about?
You would probably be OK using drywall anchors. There is some mechanical stress when removing/installing the filter housings, but I think anchors would hold up to that as long as you were careful.

What I recommend... Mount a board long enough to span two studs and screw the board into the studs, then mount the filters to the board using wood screws.
Niko

Re: Installing filter housing

Post by Niko »

TomP10 wrote:I am getting ready to install the filter system for my new (to me) S1...
- Tom
Are you getting a used S1?
Niko

Post by Niko »

Nice!
I hooked someone up with a used S1 from this forum. MartinG sold his unit to someone locally in my area and his machine was in excellent condition also. Nice machine, you'll really enjoy it!

Did he (shutterman) mention why he sold it? Just curious as to what upgraded to...
Niko

Post by Niko »

That's the same (sort of) response MartinG had for selling his. He actually moved back to a superauto for convenience again, he was actually using Pods with the S1. Some people don't have time to mess around in the mornings with extra stuff so I guess it made total sense for him.

Hope you enjoy that fine machine, I'm sure you'll get some really good use out of it.

Return to “General Q&A”