Two Machines - Multiple Problems

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Two Machines - Multiple Problems

Post by chas »

I use the LM GS/3 as my "daily driver" even though I also have an S1 Dream I use mostly for documentation and test purposes. I decided it was time the other day to drain the GS/3 boilers which is easy on the GS/3. I also did a backflush. Apparently the drain / refill process dislodged some mineral deposits because suddenly the steam boiler started overflowing. I was able to disassemble one of the solenoid valves to fix the big leak, but now I have several other minor leaks and am waiting for a couple replacement parts for those. Oh well, I guess it's to be expected from an 8 year old machine.

So I have broken out the Dream. It worked fine the first day and now it's throwing a flowmeter alarm. The last time I pulled it out of storage while awaiting a GS/3 part, I also had a flowmeter issue. That time a bit of grit lodged in the output port and totally blocked the flow. This time it seems like I may have a sticking impeller. I'll have to cool it down later so I can disassemble the flowmeter.

I guess it's also time to check to see if there is a newer version of software. If so, I'll document any changes in the manual and then upload it and let everyone know.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
rhinoevans
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Two Machines - Multiple Problems

Post by rhinoevans »

Any comments on the new LM Linea MINI?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Not from me. I don't have one.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
shrewd1
Cappuccino

Post by shrewd1 »

Hey chas, hope you're well and had a great Christmas. Just wondering if you're up and running again with your two recently faulty machines and any new difference you've noticed coming back to the dream from the la marzocco if you've had a chance to use the dream.

Return to “General Q&A”