Thanks for the memories.

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
CaliforniaJed

Thanks for the memories.

Post by CaliforniaJed »

Amazing group of folks dedicated to an amazing machine -- that's what you all are. I have been mostly a lurker for the past several years, and I got to be pretty good on my S1V2, in part thanks to all of your willingness to share your skills and experience. I've decided to try my hand at a GS/3, which I am planning to install tomorrow. Before signing off, I wanted to say thank you to all of you, and, given the timing, Happy Holidays as well.
image.jpg
image.jpg (705.66 KiB) Viewed 10390 times
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (605.9 KiB) Viewed 10390 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (564.06 KiB) Viewed 10390 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (568.03 KiB) Viewed 10390 times
lowellw2
Latte

Re: Thanks for the memories.

Post by lowellw2 »

Well good luck with the GS/3. I'm sure you will enjoy as much as it looks like you enjoyed your S1V2. Very nice pours. Happy Holidays. :grin:
Dream T
Anfilm CODY II grinder
Zebra wood drop tamper
Espro toroid pitcher
CaliforniaJed

Post by CaliforniaJed »

lowellw2 wrote:Well good luck with the GS/3. I'm sure you will enjoy as much as it looks like you enjoyed your S1V2. Very nice pours. Happy Holidays. :grin:
Thanks, Lowell. Happy Holidays to you as well. I have defintely enjoyed the La Spaziale. I may regret the change -- day one with the GS/3 was a rough one! :-) But I got restless and I had to see whether I can take my own skills any farther with another machine. Lots of people have lots to say online. I need to find out myself. The dealer who sold me the GS/3 actually uses a Dream as his personal machine.
jfrescki
God Shot

Post by jfrescki »

The person who sold me my Mini went to a GS/3 & K10, but I didn't keep in touch with him to find out how things went. Let us know.
John

Mini Vivaldi, EPC-8, SJ, Steel Burr Vario
Behmor, Modded Poppery
Coffee Stuff
CaliforniaJed

Post by CaliforniaJed »

Will do, John. I am on day 4. I have gone through a pound of coffee and am finally pulling decent shots, still with my Mazzer Mini. I am upgrading grinders as well in a few days. Thus far, I am enjoying the machine, but I don't feel like the quality of my shots is better. Actually I am not as good as with the La Spaziale. I'll also say that while the GS/3 to me is a little more sophisicated aesthetically, I am appreciating a lot about the design functionality of the S1V2, in particular the sturdiness of the drip tray.

My milk steaming with the GS/3 has a long way to go, still.

But, but, I am enjoying the journey, as always!

Return to “General Q&A”