Timer Display Problem

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
xiburst

Timer Display Problem

Post by xiburst »

Hi everybody

First time poster from Denmark :)

Bought a used S1 V1 about two weeks ago. Still getting to know it, but I'm very pleased and believe I'm on top of most things.
It's a 2011 V1, so I think it's with the newer software and board..

The machine is bought with the la spaz timer installed. How ever it doesn't really work right. Previous owner has no idea about what's going in with it. He tells me he tryed programming it a few times, didn't get it to work and the gave up.

It powers up along with the machine, but it doesn't show date and time.. It shows this

When I try holding ok button for three seconds it asks for a pin code. I tryed some different codes and got in with 1234.
Which then leads to this

From here I can press different things, reset and get to other sub menues.

But never something regarding time and date.

I have noticed that it counts shots !?

I have checked the on/off switch and it's set to on.. The wires are attached properly, and I have tryed disconnecting the timer and removing the back up battery inside. Nothing helps, it always starts up with this

Does anyone have any clue to what's going on ?
Any ideas for what I can try out ?

It's really sad having this expensive timer and can't be able to use it.

Hope u can help.
Great forum by the way ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by xiburst on Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
xiburst

Re: Timer Display Problem

Post by xiburst »

Tapatalk seems to screw with the pictures and the order I set it up. Hope it makes sense anyway

chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Given the age, the first thing you should check is the state of the internal button cell battery. You have to unscrew the back and remove it, then it's pretty easy to locate. You might want to just go ahead and put a fresh one in regardless at this point. Either unplug the timer from the machine while doing this or at least unplug the machine. Then the act of replacing the battery and then plugging it back in should also reset the timer.

Also, download this manual if you haven't already though it won't do you any good until you can get it out of this current weird mode.
s1v2/images/Vivaldi%20Timer%20Instructions.pdf
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
xiburst

Post by xiburst »

Hi chas
I have tried that.. Just edited the original post with the last text that got hidden by tapatalk..

I haven't replaced the batterie, just tried unplug and remove the batterie. That didn't help.
I can try replacing it, but shouldn't it restart and work even without the batterie ?

chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Ah, ok, now I think I know what your problem is and you're not going to like it.

Though I have never seen one, I heard that in addition to the programmable on/off timer, LaSpaziale makes an alternate device in the same configuration (probably just different software) intended for commercial users that provides shot counts and other information to help with maintenance. So it sounds like you actually have one of those and NOT a programmable timer.
Chas
Hottop P/B
xiburst

Post by xiburst »

Well that sounds right.. And quite depressing.

Just have to buy the timer then :)

chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

FYI, here are the instructions for what you have. At least you have the advantage over other owners of used machines to be able to access the total number of cups that have been dispensed on this machine before you bought it.
OptionalCounter.pdf
(177.79 KiB) Downloaded 412 times
Chas
Hottop P/B
xiburst

Post by xiburst »

Thanks a lot chas :)
Lots of frustrations narrowed down to one major frustration now :D
At least now I know :)

Return to “General Q&A”