Vivaldi shipment on hold - second thoughts?

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
smuseby

Vivaldi shipment on hold - second thoughts?

Post by smuseby »

I recently ordered a new Vivaldi II, and when it didn't arrive, I called the seller. He told me that shipments are on hold because "a little spring was discovered to be failing in the valve between the water tank and main water line, something to be switched out on all the Mini's in this new shipment". Does anyone more information on this issue? Is this typical? I'm not interested in owning a machine that is under development.
peter

Re: Vivaldi shipment on hold - second thoughts?

Post by peter »

You'd rather have a machine that was having an issue that the manufacturer and importer chose to overlook? I'd be thrilled that they discovered the issue and are not only taking steps to remedy it, but are putting shipments on hold until it's squared away.

No machine is perfect. The Mini is as reliable as they come; I'm sure you felt the same way or you wouldn't have put one on order. It may be something as minor as La Spaziale getting a batch of weak springs, but whatever the case may be, it's not a reflection on the machine as a whole. The Mini is making lots and lots of people happy and has for quite some time; it's not under development.

I'm sorry for posting w/o any specifics on the spring issue. But I say buy w/o fear or regret. My VII has a similar issue, and once a year I have to take that valve apart and clean/free up the plunger. Nevertheless, I'd buy another Vivaldi in a heartbeat.
smuseby

Re: Vivaldi shipment on hold - second thoughts?

Post by smuseby »

Thanks - comforting reply.
I've since learned that the issue was that a stainless steel spring had been replaced by a spring that rusts. The issue was discovered by my vendor when rust colored water was being delivered by the machine; it is being fixed by Chris Coffee. - assuming I heard all the information correctly.

Return to “General Q&A”