New Quick Mill vs any NEW La Spaziale

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
rhinoevans
Vivaldi Dreamer

New Quick Mill vs any NEW La Spaziale

Post by rhinoevans »

If you havent been tracking the discussion on Coffeegeek about the new Quick Mill, it is worth a look. Here is the link for it on Chris Coffee website.

https://www.chriscoffee.com/Vetrano_2B_p/db995.htm

Looks nice. I am in the market for a new machine, upgrading from an S1V1. Looking at all the current La Spaziale models, plumbed and pour-over, even though the current one direct plumb. Trying to stay around $2000 plus or minus $200. The new Vetrano 2B has some nice features. Watch teh video on CCS. Really like the access to both boiler heating elements and drains from the bottom of the machine and the pump adjustment from a side access port. I believe it can also be connect to a regular timer. Wife said the blue lights on the side look horrible, and yes you can turn them off.

The the Dream a better Mini and better than the new S1vII??

Any comments?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: New Quick Mill vs any NEW La Spaziale

Post by chas »

My GS/3 came with the capability to plumb or pour over and also all the drain kit hardware. I really like that about it and the Quick Mill has all that as well. Even though I am plumbed in and hope to be always, I will definitely be moving at some point and may need an interim pour-over capability. Also, the pour over capability really makes it easier to descale the boilers. You can switch from plumbed to pour over mode and put the citric acid solution into the pour-over tank. It makes it much easier than if you only have a dedicated plumb-in capability. So for a lot less money than a GS/3 you get that with the QuickMill.

Also the design usability and reliability features of the QuickMill look incredibly well thought out. The QuickMill kicks the GS/3's ass in this department. (Even the S1 is easier to work on than the GS/3!) A key thing I would be interested in knowing before jumping on this machine would be to see how easy it is to program the QuickMill. It's not clear from the buttons (or lack thereof) and the limited display capability on the QuickMill whether it is easy or painful to program it. That is where the S1 Dream really shines. Other than the new GUI (plus PID) that lets you easily see and adjust virtually every machine parameter, the Dream is otherwise just a V2 under the hood.

If I were where you are trying to decide between a Dream or a QuickMill, I'd research the programmability issue I mentioned above. If it looks easy enough to program and if everything you would want to change can be changed via the programming interface, I would probably try the QuickMill. Otherwise, if QuickMill's programming interface is awful, I'd go with the Dream.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
rhinoevans
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by rhinoevans »

Great Advice. Thanks. Sure will seem different from pushing the 2 Cup button on the S1 and i guess timing the lever action. Hope the wife can adjust. :shock: :shock:
cuznvin

Post by cuznvin »

I have a Vetrano DB on order.. I am still undecided though.. Not sure if I should go for a Mini or get the Vetrano 2B... The mini seems like a more solidly built machine..

Return to “General Q&A”