A quandry Flo-jet temporarily or sell S1 and buy another?

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
MichaelS

A quandry Flo-jet temporarily or sell S1 and buy another?

Post by MichaelS »

So, I've gotten a new job offer in Austin, will be moving from Sacramento - problem is that my S1 is plumbed in and while my wife and I are looking for a new place, we'll likely rent. It is also unlikely I'll have the luxury of being able to plumb in my laspaz.

So, do I sell the S1 and baratza as a combo and get a pour over (or combination machine) for the time we'll be renting (unsure of length currently - hopefully not too long) OR do I keep the la spaz and pick up the full flowjet setup and hope that I can find a spot to use it in/near the rental kitchen until I can plumb it in once more?

I like the La Spaz, but also have had comparable quality drinks off a proper E61 as well (though giving up the double boiler would be hard... I'd probably spring for one of the relatively recently released DB combination tank/plumbed units - suggestions?)

Michael
MDL
Barista

Re: A quandry Flo-jet temporarily or sell S1 and buy another

Post by MDL »

If you are happy with your S1 I would keep it. When you find you rental you may well discover that you can hook up the plumbing in a temporary fashion that is acceptable. You can always decide to replace the S1 after you see what your actual rental situation is...

Return to “General Q&A”