Mini VII Drip Tray Not Aligning

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
tglodjo

Mini VII Drip Tray Not Aligning

Post by tglodjo »

Hey everyone,

New to the forum. Just received my Mini Vivaldi II (bought used) and am loving it! I am having one minor annoyance, however, regarding the drip tray. When I slide it in, I have to tilt the back down a little to fit properly with the tank. When I do that, though, the front right does not align with the little notch to hold it in place. If I get it to look close to correct, as soon as I pull a shot, the vibration pops it back out of place. Any thoughts on what I can do?
jfrescki
God Shot

Re: Mini VII Drip Tray Not Aligning

Post by jfrescki »

The drip tray does "lock" into place. Don't know if they still do it, but mine has foam tape on the front of the tank to keep it from vibrating against the drip tray. Could it be the tape keeping the tray from going into place properly?
John

Mini Vivaldi, EPC-8, SJ, Steel Burr Vario
Behmor, Modded Poppery
Coffee Stuff
tglodjo

Post by tglodjo »

I was thinking that might be the case, but

1. I didn't want to remove the tape since I just got the machine, and
2. That doesn't explain why it'll lock on the side with the tape and not on the other side...
richardcoffee
God Shot

Post by richardcoffee »

No tape on the front of my tank - 2 1/2 years old. Are you getting a good connection at the back of the tank? No small water leaks onto your counter top?
tglodjo

Post by tglodjo »

Connection is fine and no water leakage anywhere.
jfrescki
God Shot

Post by jfrescki »

richardcoffee wrote:No tape on the front of my tank - 2 1/2 years old. Are you getting a good connection at the back of the tank? No small water leaks onto your counter top?
Weird, mine is about 2 1/2 years old too.
John

Behmor, Modded Poppery
Coffee Stuff
jfrescki
God Shot

Post by jfrescki »

tglodjo wrote:2. That doesn't explain why it'll lock on the side with the tape and not on the other side...
I think when I first got mine, I had trouble locking it on the right side (opposite the tank). It was already a year old, so it wasn't a newness issue. I just had problems. Then, after about a month, I had no problems. I guess I just got the nack of it. That's all I've got..................

John
John

Behmor, Modded Poppery
Coffee Stuff

Return to “General Q&A”