How to determine fine temp?

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
okaychatt

How to determine fine temp?

Post by okaychatt »

Hi. I'm LOVING my new S1.

Is there any way to tell, besides just remembering, whether you're in coarse temp or fine temp?
BillK

Re: How to determine fine temp?

Post by BillK »

okaychatt wrote:Hi. I'm LOVING my new S1.

Is there any way to tell, besides just remembering, whether you're in coarse temp or fine temp?
I don't understand the question...
okaychatt

Re: How to determine fine temp?

Post by okaychatt »

BillK wrote:
okaychatt wrote:Hi. I'm LOVING my new S1.

I don't understand the question...
Bill - There are two ways to adjust temp - coarse (90, 95, 100 C) and fine (+ or - 3 degrees Celsius).

I need to know how I can tell if I've set it for 94 or 98, etc.

Does that make better sense?
NewEnglandCliff

Post by NewEnglandCliff »

Congrats on your purchase!

You cannot tell what your fine temp. is set at merely by looking at the lights in the normal "on" mode. It'll only show you the temp. from which you began the fine temp. adjustment. If the 95 light is lit when you power it up, and then you go into fine adjustment and 3 more lights are lit to the right of 95, for example, then you have it set at 98.

NEC
Last edited by NewEnglandCliff on Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

If what NEC said above doesn't make the lights come on for you, click on the Go to "S1 Web Site" at the top of this page and check out the section in the User's Manual which is linked down around the middle of that web page. Right under that is also a spreadsheet of temperature measurements I took after I first purchased my S1 which shows what the fine temp lights look like for each temperature setting.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
okaychatt

Post by okaychatt »

Chas wrote:If what NEC said above doesn't make the lights come on for you, click on the Go to "S1 Web Site" at the top of this page and check out the section in the User's Manual which is linked down around the middle of that web page. Right under that is also a spreadsheet of temperature measurements I took after I first purchased my S1 which shows what the fine temp lights look like for each temperature setting.
Thanks to both you and Bill.

Chas - the lights chart is very helpful. How nice to have a ready made reference for temp control.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Kay, Back on the S1 Web Site Main page is a section entitled "The S1 Has a Magnetic Personality" . If you (or anyone else on the board) is interested in having one of my magnetic "cheat sheets", click on the PM button at the bottom of this message and send me a Personal Message with your snail mail address. I'll be glad to send you a free one. I have a bunch. As you can see from the PDF file on the S1 page, I get 10 of these when I print one sheet of magnetic stock!

Alternately, if you have a color ink jet printer and any magnetic ink jet stock lying around the house you can always download the PDF file and print your own.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
okaychatt

Post by okaychatt »

chas wrote:Kay, Back on the S1 Web Site Main page is a section entitled "The S1 Has a Magnetic Personality" . If you (or anyone else on the board) is interested in having one of my magnetic "cheat sheets", click on the PM button at the bottom of this message and send me a Personal Message with your snail mail address. I'll be glad to send you a free one. I have a bunch. As you can see from the PDF file on the S1 page, I get 10 of these when I print one sheet of magnetic stock!

Alternately, if you have a color ink jet printer and any magnetic ink jet stock lying around the house you can always download the PDF file and print your own.
Chas - I have one of your magnetic personality magnets. It's quite helpful being able to see the tips for temp and volume adjustment right on the front of the machine. Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks. I had to take shortcuts to get all that info into the space. The write-up in my S1 manual is much clearer. The intent was to use the mag sheet as a reminder but it's not really a replacement for the detail in the manual.

For example, I think the manual is pretty clear about using a momentary press of the On/Standby button to get into Standby to start the fine temp adjustment. The mag sheet is not quite so clear on this point.
S1 Cafe Admin
http://www.s1cafe.com

Return to “General Q&A”