Mini has arrived, but it is set up for 20 amp

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
Johnlyn

Mini has arrived, but it is set up for 20 amp

Post by Johnlyn »

First of all... MY MINI HAS ARRIVED!!! so now I can really join the club...

But, it has a 20 amp plug. according to the CCS site, i will need a converter cord? wasn't expecting that. I'll wait to hear back from idrinkcoffee for details. for now it is a pretty paper weight. If I have missed something please let me know.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Mini has arrived, but it is set up for 20 amp

Post by chas »

Johnlyn wrote:First of all... MY MINI HAS ARRIVED!!! so now I can really join the club...

But, it has a 20 amp plug. according to the CCS site, i will need a converter cord? wasn't expecting that. I'll wait to hear back from idrinkcoffee for details. for now it is a pretty paper weight. If I have missed something please let me know.
For the last few years CCS has shipped all machines with a 20A plug and noted in big, bold red type on the V2 and V2 Mini web pages that 15A users need a converter cord. However, it's easy enough to make your own if you have an old heavy duty 15A cord you are willing to sacrifice. You can buy a 20A connector from your local HW store, cut the 15A connector off the extension cord and also reduce the length as desired and then put the new connector on.

If you don't have a spare extension cord, you can just buy the shortest one possible AND the 20A connector for no more - and maybe even less - than the cost of the adapter cable.

Here are two options. The right angle one might be nice to keep the cord from sticking out so far from the wall.
Straight and Right Angle Adapters
Straight and Right Angle Adapters
20A125VPlugs.jpg (27.22 KiB) Viewed 4335 times
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Johnlyn

Re: Mini has arrived, but it is set up for 20 amp

Post by Johnlyn »

Thanks Chas, that does look straightforward enough. I had been expecting the converter cord to be included.

as it turns out, Idrinkcoffee usualy supplies one with shipment but it had just not made it into my order. they have shipped one now! Looking forward to firing it up when it arrives.

Return to “General Q&A”