New Member - Question On Timer Relating To Steam Boiler

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
V2owner

Post by V2owner »

I am a new owner of a used V2, manufactured in 11/2007. It came equipped with the Spaziale Timer.

My first question is, can I turn off the steam boiler so when the Timer turns my machine on in the morning my steam boiler is off. From my reading of the Timer Instructions and the V2 Operating Instructions, it looks like I have to push the boiler button to turn it off every time the machine is turned on. That would be a problem for me because I don't plan to use the steam boiler under normal conditions.

I thought that perhaps someone else desires to to the same thing I want to do, and found a creative solution to the problem. Or, maybe there is a way to do this which is not mentioned in the instructions.

Thanks, and I look forward to using the forum and contributing too!
LDT

Post by LDT »

Welcome to the forum. When the machine is on - both steam boiler and group boiler - press the steam boiler button to turn off. Now if you turn the machine off, the last machine state is remembered. When the machine is turned on the next time the group boiler will heat but not the steam boiler.
V2owner

Re: New Member - Question On Timer Relating To Steam Boiler

Post by V2owner »

Mine doesn't remember the last machine state. Is there some way I can make it do that?
blgros

Post by blgros »

Mine doesn't remember the last state either--it always turns on both boilers initially.
Endo

Post by Endo »

The Mini remembers the steam boiler setting. I think the regular S1 does not remember. Odd that.

I must say, this is a very important feature for me since it means my steam boiler is only on when needed. And since the steam boiler is a sealed unit on the Mini, it really increases its life.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Not that I doubted you all, but I thought it was worth running by Jason at Chris Coffee WRT to Mini Vs V2 operation of the Boiler button. He replied as noted below. I guess I should update both the V2 and V2 Mini User's Manuals to be sure this is accurately documented.

"That is correct the Mini will remember the last (Boiler) state, but the plumbed version always defaults with the boiler on. They are also different slightly in how to turn the Boilers off. The Mini you have to hold the (Boiler) button for a few seconds and the V2 you just press it. Turning back on they are the same with a quick press of the button."
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
richardcoffee
God Shot

Post by richardcoffee »

My experience is you don't turn the Mini steam boiler back on with a quick press of the button. I have to hold it for a few seconds to turn it off or on.
Endo

Post by Endo »

richardcoffee wrote:My experience is you don't turn the Mini steam boiler back on with a quick press of the button. I have to hold it for a few seconds to turn it off or on.
It should work opposite of the on/ off button. Turn on right away, hold for 4 seconds to turn off.

Return to “General Q&A”