Plumbing question

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
edcoffee

Plumbing question

Post by edcoffee »

What 's the size of tubing needed to plumb the Vivladi ii? I've a 3/8" plastic from my water filter going to the machine.
MDL
Barista

Re: Plumbing question

Post by MDL »

Most people use 3/8" and that is the size that Chris's Coffee sells with it.
Louis

Post by Louis »

You could use both the 1/4" and 3/8" standard, both some have experience cavitation (pump noise) when using long 1/4" lines. John Guest connectors, available in both sizes, online (Chris' Coffee being one source) are a good choice.
CaliforniaJed

Post by CaliforniaJed »

For what it is worth, I used 3/8" at Chris Coffee's suggestion, but they said 1/4" would have been fine as well. My machine came from Chris ready to accept 3/8". Also consider a pressure regulator to ensure proper pre-infusion pressure. I wasn't particularly happy with the one Chris sells and I ended up sourcing another from Granger.
zedex
God Shot

Post by zedex »

Yea Jed. I got a regulator from CC and was not impressed. The guage was fine but no mounting bracket to speak of, so i had to make one. :-(
Louis

Post by Louis »

zedex wrote:Yea Jed. I got a regulator from CC and was not impressed. The guage was fine but no mounting bracket to speak of, so i had to make one. :-(
This one?: http://www.chriscoffee.com/products/hom ... gwithgauge

This is the one I have and it seems to be of pretty good quality: brass body/all metal. It has been in place for a year now. It doesn't have mounting brackets but by having short tubes on each side with "tubing fasteners" (small screwable plastic loops), this wasn't an issue at all for me.
zedex
God Shot

Post by zedex »

Yes Louis. That's the one. Its good quality but extremely heavy . Made an aluminum cradle to hang it under my kitchen counter so it would not put undo stress on the plastic lines. Just seemed odd that a regulator of this weight would not have a bracket of some sort.

Return to “General Q&A”