whats this?

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
zedex
God Shot

whats this?

Post by zedex »

Hi. I have my v2 on a timer. So today, the machine came on at its set time, but it didnt quite turn off. The three temp lights stayed on green, and the on/sby green light flashed as normal. Whazzup with the 3 lights? :grin:
Thanks
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: whats this?

Post by chas »

This was seen by several people when the timer first went on sale. I saw it myself a few times when I had an S1. The best we could figure was that it is a software timing bug. If the machine turns off at exactly the right (or maybe wrong time) the machine doesn't turn off all the lamps. However, it causes no problems and you probably won't see it happen again for a long time.

Interestingly, you're the first one to report it here in at least a couple of years, so it is a pretty rare occurrence. BTW: When it happened to me, I saw it maybe three times in two years.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
zedex
God Shot

Post by zedex »

Thanks Chas. I guess im just lucky with these rare occurences. :grin:
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Check this somewhat lengthy thread on this issue from over 4 years ago:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=378&p=3017&hilit=t ... lems#p3017
Chas
Hottop P/B
zedex
God Shot

Post by zedex »

Interesting read.Judging by your post of your particular occurence. I assume you had the brew temp up to 95 since all your lights up to 95 were on. Also interesting that some temp lights stay blinking, the machine must have been on a heat cycle during the shutdown. Since some temp lights stay blinking, the machine has not fully shut down because the machine not the timer controls the blinking light.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I am not sure if the front panel is truly dumb and driven directly by the controller board or if the controller board just indicates on, off, or blink and the front panel electronics do the rest.

Your assumption is correct though that, when the glitch happens, the temperature lights stay in whatever mode they were in including if the boiler is on one lamp will be blinking.
Chas
Hottop P/B

Return to “General Q&A”