Worst Shot Ever?

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
Endo

Worst Shot Ever?

Post by Endo »

Just to show you how NOT to prepare a shot. So many things wrong it's hard to know where to start. :shock: (How many mistakes can you name?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1MvaFes ... re=related

Step 1: Grind all your 6 month old Lavazza beans through your expensive Compak grinder.
Step 2: Procede to layer the coarsely ground coffee up to 22g.
Step 3: Tamp with 170 lbf on your granite counter.
Step 4. Attempt to lock in your overloaded PF with the same 170 lbf.
Step 5: Pull your 10 sec shot with lovely coffee jets shooting all over your new machine.
Step 6: Throw out the shot......but enjoy the lovely shaped puck. :lol:

Enjoy!
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Worst Shot Ever?

Post by chas »

Well that video was a hoot! The only way he could have partially absolved himself is if, at the end of the video, the camera panned down to the floor showing him stepping on the pedal to open the trash can lid and then dropped in the bag of Lavazza.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

It was tough to make it all the way through but some parts were REALLY funny! I liked the grunt when he was compacting the stale grounds. That machine looked like he has pulled many bad shots recently. I think the "evaluating the crema" part was my favorite.
BobUSN

Post by BobUSN »

Gee, Chas, someone deleted your original reply on his video...but it's still there in your YouTube channel...

;~)

You have to admit, it WAS a lovely puck.

Oh, my, it only gets better...

http://www.youtube.com/user/s96822#p/a/u/0/2-3sfpz7dEE
Endo

Post by Endo »

To be fair.....I think his point was to show how bad the Lavazza was. The second video with what he calls "local coffee" is a bit better (but not much).

Return to “General Q&A”