Caught Cheating?

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
Endo

Caught Cheating?

Post by Endo »

OK. I must admit I strayed a bit from espresso over the last few months. But dammmm....this $150 "manual S1" kit makes a mighty fine cup!
Attachments
PeDe, Buono and Hario
PeDe, Buono and Hario
IMG_1119(480x324).jpg (63.42 KiB) Viewed 8996 times
BobUSN

Re: Caught Cheating?

Post by BobUSN »

Ha, I'll be right over!
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

I start each day with a cup of vac pot brew & have grown quite fond of the little WND also. I haven't broken out the Zass Knee Mill in awhile as the Major is right on the kitchen counter but that certainly looks like a nice travel kit.

You only paid $50 for the PeDe?
Endo

Post by Endo »

I can't be switching my Mazzer from espresso to drip, so I use the PeDe. Ideally I'd get the Vario and do both, but I invested quite a bit in my Mazzer so I don't think I'll be switching. Besides, I really like the macho build quality of the Mazzer and my brief times with the Vario tend to make me think I may regret selling the Mazzer. The PeDe is kinda fun too. I also like the "total manual mode" of the kettle and cloth drip pot, so the hand grinder fits quite well.

I paid $50 for my PeDe off E-bay about a year ago. I got lucky since it seems the seller used it as a kitchen ornament. It was clear it had never seen coffee. It's absolutely perfect condition.

Over the last year, it seems the PeDe prices have sky-rocketed. I'm guessing it's all the talk about them on the coffee forums. Still quite a few nice Zass mills around at a good price though.

By the way, you own a Hario so perhaps I can ask:

Why does the Hario have a 3 cup mark on the glass that measures 120ml per cup? That's about half a US cup.
Endo

Post by Endo »

Pede got a new friend:
Pede 435 and KYM Mokka
Pede 435 and KYM Mokka
IMG_2207 (480x335).jpg (54.19 KiB) Viewed 8861 times
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Sweet! Haven't used my Zass since last summer but it still looks good on the shelf. Been awhile since I got out the WND also so maybe I'll break them both out this weekend.
coffeeowl

Post by coffeeowl »

Hey, Endo, did you try your KyM for espresso??? I'm eager to hear how it works. I was watching that one too, I think.
Endo

Post by Endo »

I've been cheating again.......

http://cremina-endo.blogspot.com

Rotaries are just too loud! :lol:
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Nice write up & photos. Did you find it locally or on Ebay?

Return to “General Q&A”