High pitched sound...normal?

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
clumeng
Latte

High pitched sound...normal?

Post by clumeng »

I've been noticing a high pitched sound when I pull shots. I think that it's water refilling the group boiler but want to make sure that this is normal.

It is loudest when I pull water through without coffee in it.

It sometimes occurrs when I brew but not consistently. My line pressure is 28psi.

Video here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/paradox4444 ... vr1e8xs-cU

Re: High pitched sound...normal?

Post by JohnB »

Sounds more like a small child babbling to me which is a noise mine never made.
JmanEspresso

Post by JmanEspresso »

Hey, everything sounds normal in the video, as long as that really IS a child in the background :)

My Machine, Both Vivaldis I tried up at Chris's, and two local(ish) cafes with La Spazs, all make the same sound. When brewing, it happens only as the headspace fills up, yes?
oton

Post by oton »

I'm not sure whats the high pitched sound that you refer, but frankly I start to envy the incredible low noise that rotary pumps makes...
clumeng
Latte

Post by clumeng »

That's the thing. The pump on the VII is so dang quiet the filling sound really jumps out when it kicks in. About 50% of the time I don't get that filling sound. I think its the brew pump refilling or something but I've determined it's all good. I think I'm a bit paranoid since it arrived with a few internals out of wack.

Can't fix the kids in the background but I am proud of my 20 month old. From watching his dad, he knows that when I hit the buttong to start the shot he should bend over to watch the naked extraction....I'm such a proud papa... :lol:

Post by Endo »

clumeng wrote: Can't fix the kids in the background but I am proud of my 20 month old. From watching his dad, he knows that when I hit the buttong to start the shot he should bend over to watch the naked extraction....I'm such a proud papa... :lol:
Very cute. :smile:

My kids love our S1 "hot chocolate machine". It's a big hit at birthday parties.

Return to “General Q&A”