Boiler pressure too high? Need insight.

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
slo
Barista

Boiler pressure too high? Need insight.

Post by slo »

A it has been seen before in this thread viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1203, the boiler pressure of my Vivaldi is running a little high. At first it was getting there from time to time but now it seems to go there very often, but not all the time.
LED light 3.jpg
LED light 3.jpg (75.38 KiB) Viewed 8849 times
Is there something that one of you guys can tell me about this before I start taking it apart for diagnostic? My guess is the boiler temperature probe s misbehaving in some way. Do need to replace it or do something to it?

Edit: Maybe it is only the boiler pressure guage?
Vivaldi II, Multiple (a collection really) Lever machines
Currently on deck grinders: Mythos and MXKR
Backup grinders: Robur, Major.
Toper Cafemino Electric and Poppery 1 roaster

I have a serious problem ... Can you guess what?
cruiten

Re: Boiler pressure too high? Need insight.

Post by cruiten »

I had something similar happen to me a while back, check out this link viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1215#p14752 to see if this is applicable to your situation.

Good luck,
slo
Barista

Post by slo »

Thank you very much! It might very well be it.

I will take a look under the hood tonight or tomorrow. It would be very simple if it would be that.

Niko

Post by Niko »

Any news?
Seems that the temp probe problem is a thing of past since they changed the design a while back. Like you mentioned, it very well could be the manometer acting up - did you notice the pressure being really high when you steam milk? Does it almost paint the walls with milk when you fire it up?
cruiten

Post by cruiten »

I purchased my machine back in August, have there been design changes to the temperature probe since then?
Niko wrote:Any news?
Seems that the temp probe problem is a thing of past since they changed the design a while back. Like you mentioned, it very well could be the manometer acting up - did you notice the pressure being really high when you steam milk? Does it almost paint the walls with milk when you fire it up?
slo
Barista

Post by slo »

I have been looking at it every time I walk by the last two days and the pressure is right in the green/red line where it always was before! It is like going to the garage with something wrong with the car, when you are there nothing wrong happens! I have just checked this morning after being "ON" all night and the pressure reads fine.

When first releasing pressure to clear the water condensation in the steam line the pressure returns to a normal gauge level. After that the pressure of steam "feels/looks" somewhat stable, reducing very slowly, for a good long while (never actually timed it). No, excess pressure or painting the wall with milk (good one, :grin: )

I am waiting to see the symptom resume before doing any work. I am sorry if it sounds like I wasted your time. :mrgreen:

Niko

Post by Niko »

No time wasted at all ;-)
Good to hear that the machine is OK right now, keep a close watch on it to make sure it doesn't get into the red zone again. If this does happen, check the steam output and see if it feels more powerful than usual - this was a sure sign when mine went into the red a few years ago.
cruiten wrote:I purchased my machine back in August, have there been design changes to the temperature probe since then?
Nothing new since around Nov '06 when the VII became available.
italyhound

Post by italyhound »

Niko

You're back - good to see!!

Evan

Return to “General Q&A”