Visit to LaSpaziale

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
Rick A

Visit to LaSpaziale

Post by Rick A »

I am brand new to the forum but I just read an old thread regarding weather LaSpaziale logos anything. I purchased my Vivaldi 2 in December of 2007. My wife and I visited the factory in Bologna this past May 2009 and we were treated like royalty for the 4 hours we were there. We were picked up at the train station and given a complete factory tour including meeting the engineer who designed the Vivaldi, the gentleman who assembled it and the owner of LaSpaziale. Our hostess was Annamaria Mele. She is in charge of marketing and I believe is the main contact for Chris Coffee. After our lunch at Jakarta
(a coffee bar and cafe owned by LaSpaziale and attached to their building) I asked if I could purchase some LaSpaziale espresso and cappuccino cups. Annamaria said I could get them before we leave. As we were walking through the shipping department on our way out I was given 2 boxes which contained 2 LaSpaziale logo espresso cups and saucers and 2 LaSpaziale logo cappuccino cups and saucers. I was also given 4 additional cups and saucers. 2 espresso and 2 cappuccino from Jakarta. All of the cups were made by d'ANACAP, a very highly regarded cup maker in Italy. The LaSpaziale cups are plain white with a red stripe on the handle and the LaSpaziale name in white letters on a red background. The cups from Jakarta have a Colonia Coffee Shop logo and can be seen on top of the espresso machine in the picture in this link about Jakarta http://www.teaandcoffee.net/1205/retail.htm. Despite traveling 6 hours round trip by train ($260.00) on 5 hours of sleep one day after arriving in Rome, my wife and I both agreed it was one of the highlights of our trip to Italy. I can't overstate how impressed I was with the people we met at LaSpaziale and the hospitality provided to us. Annamaria not only drove us back to the train station but she waited with us on the platform for nearly 1/2 hour until our train arrived. Furthermore, the folks at LaSpaziale refused to accept payment for the cups. What a classy organization. After our visit, it is easy to see why the LaSpaziale brand is so highly acclaimed.
michael
God Shot

Re: Visit to LaSpaziale

Post by michael »

sounds great; any ideas on how to get some of the LS logo cups :bounce:
Rick A

Post by Rick A »

My suggestion would be to call Chris Coffee and see if you could purchase through them and include with his next shipment from LaSpaziale. Otherwise you could email Annamaria and ask for a price. My guess is shipping would be expensive for just the cups and saucers. If you would like her email address I will provide to you.
michael
God Shot

Post by michael »

i would try the e mail if you have it 8)
Rick A

Post by Rick A »

Michael, here is a photo of the LaSpaziale cups.
IMG00028-20091204-1356.jpg
IMG00028-20091204-1356.jpg (165.82 KiB) Viewed 12287 times
bamaster

Post by bamaster »

Sorry to bump such an old thread... but does anyone know where I could buy some La Spaziale branded cups like these?

Anyone have luck with buying through Chris?

Rick A wrote:Michael, here is a photo of the LaSpaziale cups.
IMG00028-20091204-1356.jpg
jbb
God Shot

Post by jbb »

Another bump.

I tried checking into the La Spaziale branded cups. I emailed Chris, and, bottom line, its not practical for him to import them. I sent an email to La Spaziale (through their standard web inquiry), but nothing back.

so, did anybody ever find an angle on these, short of taking a trip to Bologna? they would sure look sweet on top of the S1.
jpt

Post by jpt »

I send an email to La Spaziale last January, no reply. I sent them another email in June as we were going to Italy for vacation (not too far from Bologna). No reply. It seems that they are not interested in private customers.
jbb
God Shot

Post by jbb »

Success at last! :bounce:
cups.jpg
cups.jpg (347.96 KiB) Viewed 11696 times
BobUSN

Post by BobUSN »

Very cool. Those are sweet-looking little cups.
jbb
God Shot

Post by jbb »

The cups do look pretty sharp i think. i forgot to add the contact info if anyone (in the US at least, maybe Canada too) wants to get some. I went through La Spaziale USA; emailed them and got a phone reply quite quickly. My contact was Tara at 203-383-4373. The espresso cups were $6.10 and the cap mugs were $10.60. Both come with saucers.

Return to “General Q&A”