Dose Poll

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
Endo

Dose Poll

Post by Endo »

What's your dose?

I know several people have claimed 15g to 16g is best. I must admit I have fallen off the low dose bandwagon recently and am currently dosing 17.5g of Klatch Belle Espresso with great success.

I'm curious what other people prefer and if they change depending on blend.
rick.monroe

Re: Dose Poll

Post by rick.monroe »

I'm trying to keep my doses right around 14g (+/- 0.2 g), since I'm just learning. I was thinking of dropping that to 13g to see what happens.

I'm just now going through my second bag of Atomic Cafe's Daterra Farm Reserve Espresso. I'm grinding it fine enough so that the S1 almost chokes (the three no-flow lights appear briefly) and then some pretty nice globs of espresso start dropping into the shot glass.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

rick.monroe wrote:I'm trying to keep my doses right around 14g (+/- 0.2 g), since I'm just learning. I was thinking of dropping that to 13g to see what happens.

I'm just now going through my second bag of Atomic Cafe's Daterra Farm Reserve Espresso. I'm grinding it fine enough so that the S1 almost chokes (the three no-flow lights appear briefly) and then some pretty nice globs of espresso start dropping into the shot glass.
It also does well with a 16g dose & 3-4 seconds of p/i.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Lately I've been dosing around 15-15.5g & drinking mostly home roasted s/o espresso. Right now I'm enjoying a batch of Yemen Sana'ani which reminds me of the AC Daterra Reserve. Typically I'm in the 14g-16g range depending on the bean or blend. Lately I've been experimenting with no distribution of the dose & getting very good results so we'll see where that leads dose wise.
michael
God Shot

Post by michael »

in the double basket, generally around 15g plus .4 for what remains in the mini e; also get some great pours with black cat and the cafe ecco coffees at 16.5 (17gs on the black cat bolivian) 8)

Return to “General Q&A”