Timer and other extras?

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
Bud

Timer and other extras?

Post by Bud »

Ok, I got word today that the V2
Niko

Re: Timer and other extras?

Post by Niko »

Bud wrote:May your God shots be many, and sink shots be few

Bud
Amen, and God Shots be with you too...

Get the bottomless portafilter.
The timer I CAN"T live without!!!!!!!
My sorry, lazy, rear end can't get out of bed anymore to fire up the Spaz. Can you believe this was the reason why I got a VII? Well, it's part of it and I'm into hacking my computers and frankensteining them but the Vivaldi stays with the covers on unless it's broke.
The timer you should get.
Also, look into a good knockbox. Thanks to Scott on another post, I'm finally livin' it up! I got the "Bumper" knockbox from EPNW and it is BEAUTIFUL, I bought it for the size and it's an absolute bucket, no more emptying out the box everyday.
Last edited by Niko on Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScottW
Espresso

Post by ScottW »

I'm with Niko - having a timer is a HUGE convenience, but you are correct about the price being out of line for the technology involved. There are plans elsewhere on this site for some home-brew solutions that are cheaper, so that is another option if you want a do-it-yourself solution. But I will say the S1 timer has been rock-solid, I set it up when I got the machine in November and have only touched it once -- for the DST change.

Niko - Congrats on the new Bumper knockbox! I hesitated buying that because it LOOKS huge, but when I actually compared the measurements it really didn't take up much more space than the "square" one I had before while holding about 4 times as much. And it is built like a tank!

...Scott
Bud

Post by Bud »

Thanks Niko & Scott,

The timer does seem like a nice convenience, but it would be nice to know if this can be added later without major surgery.

Anyone else ever see where the V2 timer plugs in, and can realistically give a perspective if it can be installed without being an expert technician?

Thanks again, and Niko, the Bumper knock Box looks great, but because of

Return to “General Q&A”