No 'flow problem' warning during backflush

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
Jon V

No 'flow problem' warning during backflush

Post by Jon V »

Hi. First post on the form but it's been a great source of information so far.

When I backflush my Mini Vivaldi II, I find that I don't get the 'flow problem' warning as described on the FAQ on this site. Everything seems to function OK though (pressure gauge reads about 9 bar during backflush).

Is this an issue?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: No 'flow problem' warning during backflush

Post by chas »

When that FAQ was written the Mini wasn't yet on the market. I guess I need to add a caveat that the flow warning doesn't normally occur during backflush on the Mini's though I am not exactly sure why. Just turn the machine On for about 5 sec. That should be plenty though the way the Mini is plumbed longer won't hurt anything.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Jon V

Post by Jon V »

Great, thanks.

What are the current thoughts on necessity of backflushing?

I take the shower screens and block out to scrub / soak in puro detergent every 3 days or so ago and backflush (plain water) once a week. I've not yet done a detergent backflush in about 3 weeks of ownership.
caf4brains

Post by caf4brains »

I clean the screens and brass diffuser block every week in detergent and backflush a half-dozen times. Once a month I do a detergent backflush. I've been doing this routine for quite a few years with no problems.

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”