Its here

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
comrade

Its here

Post by comrade »

Good Afternoon,

Received our machine yesterday. Not getting it going until I have the softener all hooked up. It arrived pretty frozen from its travel across northern Ontario to me in Winnipeg from Toronto. I let it warm up before I poked around, I hope being frozen wont cause any trouble. I must say its quite handsome.

I ordered the 7 day timer but unsure where to install it. Can someone give me some guidance.

Cheers
Endo

Re: Its here

Post by Endo »

Congrats. Feels like Christmas don't it?

Get the machine going first before you hook up the timer. Once you are confident everything is working properly, you hook up the timer as follows:

1. Unplug.
2. Remove the one screw on the top panel. Look inside on the right with a flashlight and you'll see a toggle switch you need to flip to "timer".
3. Remove the front panel by removing the 2 big front panel screws. Inside, coiled up next to the OPV will be a length of wire in a red sheath, tie-wrapped up neatly, with a small black connector on the end. Cut off the tie-wrap, uncoil the wire, remove the protective sheath and route the wire out the bottom of the machine through a nearby frame hole.
4. This wire you just removed is a duplicate of the one attached to the timer (they usually sell the timer with this wire attached since some people have earlier machines where this wire was not included). You then need to remove the small screw on the timer, open it up, and gently remove this wire from the timer and plug in the one attached to the machine. Close back up the timer box and you are done with the assembly. I leave the little timer box on the side, next to the machine, behind my knock-box.

Plug back in the machine and you are ready to program the timer. I set mine to start-up every day at 6:30AM and turn off at 8:30AM after I've left for work. On weekends I have it come on at 6:30AM and turn off at 10:00PM so I can have "walk-up shots" whenever I please. I usually turn on the steam boiler ONLY when making milk drinks and turn it off right after (my steam boiler only has about 1 day total running in 2.5 years of ownership, greatly extending its life by reducing scale I believe). I find this the real beauty of owning this Double Boiler machine and really what makes it vastly superior to any HX.
JonF

Congratulations!

Post by JonF »

By the way, the timer is great. Kind of annoying to program, but once is is programmed it is really nice to have. The best thing to me is that it operates independently from the control buttons on the machine. So if the timer turns the machine on, just touch the on/off button to turn it off. And if the machine is off just push the button to turn it on. I just set mine for everyday on at 6 AM and off at 10 AM, but typically just shut it off manually.

Return to “General Q&A”