S1 owners in Michigan?

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
hlsheppard

S1 owners in Michigan?

Post by hlsheppard »

Hi all - just got my machine yesterday and also ordered some items from Les at Thortamper.

He made the comment that mine will be the 4th shipment to Michigan for the S1...

I'm curious if any of you on the board are from my area? I'm in Macomb County (25 miles north of Detroit). It would be great to know there are some other folks close by.
cappadoc

MI S1

Post by cappadoc »

Howard,
Just got an S1 last week. I live just outside of GR.
Jeff Johnson
hlsheppard

Post by hlsheppard »

Welcome to "Michigan Contingent," Jeff! :D

I actually think there are quite a few more of us that either don't or haven't posted here.

Hope you enjoy your new machine. Mine's been flawless so far.
cappadoc

Post by cappadoc »

Howard,
Lovin every minute of it.
What did you order from Les, if you don't mind me asking? I'd love to get a snugger tamper then my 53mm Reg, but it appears that there are some recent changes to the baskets that make the ordering a bit more stressful.

Jeff
hlsheppard

Post by hlsheppard »

Hi Jeff -

sorry it took so long for me to see this. I don't check in all that often... :oops:

I got a 53mm Camphor burl tamper and a pf holder from Les.
rferoni

a "maybe" michigan S1 owner....

Post by rferoni »

I'm thinking of plunking my money down on one of these. It would be my first espresso machine ever. Might as well do it right the first time eh?

So since I've never owned an espresso machine, and from reading these forums, are some of the things that are happening to a few of these machines worthy of concern? Just curious, overall it seems everyone is very happy with the S1.

I live just south of Detroit by the way, in the 'downriver' area....

Ron
hlsheppard

Post by hlsheppard »

Wow Ron,

That's like getting out of driver's training and buying a new Viper!

I still love mine - one you get used to everything you'll see it's a GREAT machine.

Return to “General Q&A”