Motor or Pump?

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
Zzyzx

Motor or Pump?

Post by Zzyzx »

Well, I'm finally having my first issue with my Vivaldi. It was making a high pitch sound from the motor/pump area. I took the pump off the motor and it was full of gunk and there was also some corrosion. Wish I had taken a picture:(

I cleaned it all up and put it back, but there is still a high pitch noise coming from the pump/motor area. The machine still works fine, but it sounds like something is about to go.

Reading some of the other posts, it seems like a few other had the same issue. Should I replace the motor and the pump? Just the motor?

Thanks all!
JohnB

Re: Motor or Pump?

Post by JohnB »

Read through this thread to get some ideas: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=986 Either the pump is starting to bind or the leaking pump has damaged the bearing in the frt cover of the motor. That bearing is cheap & readily available if you need to change it. Pull it apart again & see if the pump shaft turns freely by hand. Try the same with your motor shaft. You can have the pump rebuilt for $50 or order a new one for around $120?? The motor is pricey so replacing the bearing is your best option if you are up for it. If not an electric motor/alternator repair shop might do the job fairly cheaply.
Zzyzx

Re: Motor or Pump?

Post by Zzyzx »

Thanks for the advice John. I'll look into what you have mentioned :grin:

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”