Mini Boiler Parts

Post general questions about operation of your new Mini here. Due to many similarities with the original VII you should also check the VII forum.
Endo

Mini Boiler Parts

Post by Endo »

Here's a photo of the top of the Mini Vivaldi boiler. I wanted to confirm what everything does since some of the reviews I've seen have items wrongly named. I'm not sure about item G, so maybe someone can help?
Mini Boiler
Mini Boiler
mini_boiler.jpg (36.58 KiB) Viewed 4179 times
A- Vacuum Breaker Valve and Cup
B- Re-settable Bi-metallic Hi Limit Thermastat (Campini Ty 60 R) Rating in deg C?
C- Cold Water In
D- Thermal sensor
E- Over Pressure Valve
F- Hot Water Out
G- Auto fill sensor
H- Left Heating Element Terminal
I- Right Heating Element Terminal
J- Steam Out
Last edited by Endo on Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Journey

Re: Mini Boiler Parts

Post by Journey »

Hey..

I'm pretty sure that D is a temperatursensor, and G is the water level probe..

Vivaldi is controlling the pressure, with temperature.

G is a long metal stick, that checks the waterlevel in the boiler. And when it can't feel the water, it starts the boiler filling.
If you take off the wire when the vivaldi is on, the boiler filling starts..
Endo

Re: Mini Boiler Parts

Post by Endo »

Journey wrote:I'm pretty sure that D is a temperatursensor, and G is the water level probe..
Ah yes. This now makes sense.

I thought the steam boiler pressure was controlled simply by a dumb bi-metallic thermostat (B). But of course it's only a hi-limit thermastat or safety device (notice the red reset button). The steam boiler pressure is controlled via temperature through the thermal sensor (D) and using some control logic on the board (Vivaldi is so fancy). ;-)

This is very encouraging since it suggests it may be possible to lower the steam boiler temeperature set point and therefore the steaming pressure!!! :bounce:

Any idea if this is possbile by pressing another "secret" combination of buttons or would it require a software update?

I'm encouraged that the next software upgrade might have a way to adjust the steaming pressure without having to install a dedicated PID.

Return to “Mini General Q&A”