Mini Vivaldi Workflow Video

Post general questions about operation of your new Mini here. Due to many similarities with the original VII you should also check the VII forum.
Endo

Mini Vivaldi Workflow Video

Post by Endo »

Finally had some time to put togther a video of the whole process of makng a latte using the Mini Vivaldi and the Mazzer SJ.

Sorry for all the cuts in the video but since I didn't have someone to film, I had to do a lot of it one-handed (extra challenge) ;-) .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSxxqWujHK4
Dodger1

Re: Mini Vivaldi Workflow Video

Post by Dodger1 »

Very nice
java man
Macchiato

Post by java man »

Hey, Endo, the steaming worked out quite well. I notice you didn't have to discard any of the milk, and you got fairly good microfoam in ~ 21 seconds. Is that with all the holes in your steam tip open, or is one blocked?

I notice you stopped pulling the doser handle so you could turn off the grinder. That should leave some coffee in the chute and doser. Is this your usual practice? How much coffee does that leave?

Rick
Java Man
(A.K.A. Espressopithecus)
Mini Vivaldi II
Baratza Sette 270Wi
Kinu Phoenix hand grinder
HeeBeeGB

Post by HeeBeeGB »

Nice!
Endo

Post by Endo »

java man wrote:Hey, Endo, the steaming worked out quite well. I notice you didn't have to discard any of the milk, and you got fairly good microfoam in ~ 21 seconds. Is that with all the holes in your steam tip open, or is one blocked?
Steaming always looks good, but the bubble size can vary quite a bit. Big bubbles make bad, short lived art.

Yes. That's the stock 0.9mm 4 hole tip.
java man wrote:I notice you stopped pulling the doser handle so you could turn off the grinder. That should leave some coffee in the chute and doser. Is this your usual practice?
I make my wifes latte first and usually follow it up with a few espressos. So I only bother sweeping it out after the last drink.

Return to “Mini General Q&A”