Dripping hot water dispenser

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
MartinG

Dripping hot water dispenser

Post by MartinG »

I set up my new S1 this past weekend and after a couple of days, I used the hot water dispenser for the first time. It now drips continuously. The only way to stop it, is to shut off the boiler. It will fill the tray in a few hours. Has anyone else had this?

The expansion valve also drips a bit, but seems to stop on its own.

I've regulated the water pressure to the machine to 20 psi.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Time for a call to tech support.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
barjohn

Post by barjohn »

It sounds like a deffective solenoid valve. I'm sure tech support will be able to pin it down. The other possibility is the circuit board is keeping just enough voltage on the solenoid to allow it to partially open. If you have an electrical or electronic background, get a multi meter and measure the voltage on the solenoid when it is off. It should be zero. Anything above zero may be enough to overcome the spring just enough to allow a leak.
MartinG

Post by MartinG »

Tech support suggested I try running a lot of hot water to try to flush out a possible shaving in the valve. I did that and now it's not dripping. It's running steadily. So much that the boiler can't get up to temperature because it keeps calling for more cold water to refill.

I will now take apart the valve to clean any debris that might have gotten into it and report back here with the result.
MartinG

Post by MartinG »

Found a bunch of shavings in the valve. Cleaned it and it's now working perfectly.

Return to “General Q&A”