It's Here (Almost) - The Dream Espresso

This forum is to share pre-launch information about the next generation LaSpaziale S1 which will be sold under the name "S1 Dream" for the plumbed version and S1 Dream T for the tank version.
Endo

It's Here (Almost) - The Dream Espresso

Post by Endo »

Looks like the V3 has arrived and has many of the features we asked for.....and then some!

http://www.facebook.com/TheDreamEspresso?ref=stream
The Dream Machine
The Dream Machine
427857_116083101882976_1099724583_n.jpg (28.92 KiB) Viewed 13144 times
Endo

Re: S1 V3 - It's Here - The Dream Machine

Post by Endo »

It has many of the things we requested at S1cafe, like the LCD panel and even the LED lights like many have installed themselves (myself included). It also has other things we didn't even think of, like the USB port.

Some other nice features:

Brushed stainless and plastic side panels....no polishing at all!!!!
Integrated timer (see clock icon on LCD panel).
Glossy black side panels and drip tray.

Other things we asked for which I am not sure they added:

Temp in F and C with 1F resolution?
Improved grouphead? Mounted closer to boiler? Or perhaps charge heating (although the cover looks like chromed plastic like the Silvia...cosmetic only?)

Questionable things:
Single gauge manometer (like the V1?)

Some people think the price will be higher...but I would bet anything the price will be the same or at most perhaps $200 higher...to keep in competitive with the other new DBs out there. After all, many of these changes are cosmetic and cheap to employ...after the intial non-recurring design cost (which I am sure Chris's team help with to make in an exclusive....with our help of course) ;-)
Endo

Post by Endo »

Does anybody know if the steam boiler can be turned off from the LCD panel? This feature would be absolutely essential to me (and any other espresso only drinkers) if I was to purchase this machine.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Endo, George answered that in response to a question I posted on The Dream Espresso FB page. It's the button on the lower left of the display panel. The icon that looks like a horizontally mounted boiler.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
sjse

Re: It's Here (Almost) - The Dream Espresso

Post by sjse »

So I decided to take the plunge on a nice machine for espressos for me and latte’s for my wife. Up to this point we have nothing but a French Press. So I consider this a considerable step up or change. Like a lot of folks I spent a lot of time researching and being confused. I have ultimately decided on the V2-Mini or the Dream T. Besides the price differential and the obvious differences primarily the electronics on the Dream am I missing anything? One of the comments I read is the V2 may get ignored when it comes to any improvements or updates. I am really torn and know I will be pleased with either I just do not want to regret the decision one way or the other. Any advice?
Endo

Post by Endo »

Get the Dream T (or Dream). You should have no regrets. Enjoy!
sjse

Post by sjse »

Thanks Endo. Will decide and place my order tomorrow.
Endo

Post by Endo »

Like I said in another post...I'm almost certain the new Dream will have software bugs. Still, they will no doubt get worked out through software updates. I don't think these initial bugs shoudl be enough to prevent someone from gettign the newer machine. Not that there is any problem buying the old S1 either...if the price is what means most to you.
sjse

Post by sjse »

I ordered the Dream today and was told it could ship as early as tomorrow.

Return to “S1 Dream & S1 Dream T Pre-launch Discussions”