Dream Owner's Manual GUI Addendum

Forums below are for discussions of Dream and Dream T specific issues. However, both machines have as much, if not more, in common than they have differences. This area is for information sharing and questions that you think apply equally to both machines.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Dream Owner's Manual GUI Addendum

Post by chas »

I took a ton of photos this afternoon in order to document navigation through the entire Dream Menu system. Now to crop them all down, put them into a Word document and write the verbiage to go with all the photos. This could go quickly or take a long time depending on motivation and espresso intake. :coffee2: :shaking2:

I expect there to be only a few minor variances in the menus on the Tank model. However, once I get the addendum out there, I will depend on you DreamTank owners to let me know where the differences are and perhaps even post some photos here so that I can note the differences.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Ch83

Re: Dream Owner's Manual GUI Addendum

Post by Ch83 »

Ok sounds good. Tank owner so I will try and note any differences

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

The first draft is done and is posted for download on the new Dream website. Click the "S1 Dream and Tank Website" link at the upper right of this webpage. Then the link to the draft GUI manual is at the bottom of the page. (Except for the main web page, the Dream site is still incomplete. I have all the photos and temperature test results ready to post, I just have to find the time to get them all loaded into webpages.)

I am particularly interested in a review of the GUI document from Tank owners especially relative to features not supported on the Tank model such as preinfusion and ability to enable/disable group pressure display on the LCD panel. Do the menu icons for the unsupported features not even show up on the display? Or can you see the features icons and navigate into their set up but the features are locked in disabled mode?
Chas
Hottop P/B
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I did an update of the GUI manual and posted it to the same link as in my earlier post. This update is mostly to highlight potential safety issues using icons to flag the areas of concern.

Updated Dream GUI Manual
Chas
Hottop P/B
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Has anyone taken the time to look at this document yet. I am interested in any and all feedback especially for corrections or any help from Tank owners since I don't know what the GUI shows in the Tank model for features that are unsupported or implemented differently from the plumbed model.
Chas
Hottop P/B
goodboyr
Barista

Post by goodboyr »

I looked at it from the Dream plumb in point of view. I had no comments or corrections......other than its a great piece of work. Just waiting for a machine now! :-)
Bob
La Spaziale Dream and Baratza Sette 270W
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

While am in the area next week, I plan to stop by CCS and take some GUI photos of an S1 Tank model so that I can update the GUI manual. I hope to make it accurately represent both models.
Chas
Hottop P/B
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

As fate would have it, the day I was scheduled to go to CCS while visiting in the area something came up and I had to bail for home.

There are three areas in the menu system where I know there is a difference in operation between the Tank and Plumbed versions. Sometime this week I plan to write up a few questions for those areas and post them in the Dream T area in hopes that a Tank owner or two will step forward and help me out.

HOWEVER, while preparing for the ill-fated CCS trip I noticed that the latest versions of the Dream and Dream-T User's Manuals currently available on the CCS site and now also posted at the above S1 Dream and Tank Website, now include a detailed list of alarms. This includes the text that gets displayed on the Dream screen along with an explanation of what it means and how to clear it. If your version of the User's Manual does NOT include this information, I highly recommend that you download the latest version.
Chas
Hottop P/B

Return to “Dream and Dream T Common Feature Discussions”