Manometer

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
Bud

Manometer

Post by Bud »

My V2 arrived and it sure is a great machine! As a matter of fact, after about 3 pulls with grinder adjustments; I was getting some great shots at 26 seconds using Redline from Metropolis. Anyway, I have a quick question: The Manometer forms water/condensation on the inside of the lens. Is this normal? My last machine, (KA Proline) only had temp gages for boilers.

Thanks Much and may your God shots be many and sink shots be few

Bud
Zzyzx

Post by Zzyzx »

Bud,

My V2 does not form condensation on the inside of the manometer.
Bud

Post by Bud »

Ok, not sure what happened, but the water from inside the manometer dried out. Perhaps yesterday when I was giving my wife an over zealous demonstration of the monster steam, or using the hot water dispenser; perhaps some moisture got beneath the dial. Whatever the case it seemed to have cleared up now.

Thanks again

Bud
scot
Macchiato

Post by scot »

Cold during shipment/delivery. Probably tested, boxed still somewhat warm and as it cooled off as it went out the door.

If it comes back, then you have an issue.
Niko

Post by Niko »

I'd keep an eye on that Bud, it doesn't sound good at all. I don't want to add to any worries you might have but it sounds like it's under control since you haven't posted anything negative since.
May your godshots be plentiful and ripe.
Bud

Post by Bud »

Thanks All,

Ya, I am keeping an eye on it, but havn't had a problem since my post. and gage appears dry now. My guess is when I was trying the hot water, some water may have splashed on the gage and a bit seeped in, then cleared out. Seems a ok.

Bud
Niko

Post by Niko »

Bud,

Isn't it like 1:00am your time?
Just noticed you're online, go easy on the caffeine otherwise you'll end up like me.
Glad to hear that manometer cleared up for good, I was getting a little worried there.
Bud

Post by Bud »

LOL Niko,

your observant, it's about 2:25 am here at the time of this post.

I could see where you may think I'm playing with the new machine way too much; and drinking 25 shots a day, and in a constant state of wired insomnia . However, I actually work a lot of nights and working now. Drinkin some real nasty drip here to keep me going :pukeright: . Makes me really appreciate my coffee at home.

Bud

Return to “General Q&A”