Couple of questions from new owner

General Questions and Comments that fit no specific category.
MarkM
Latte

Couple of questions from new owner

Post by MarkM »

Hi all,

Had S1 Vivaldi II Mini for a few days and had some rookie questions...

1. Does this model have programmable pre Infusion? (not the physical chamber), if so how do you actually check or cha he any variables?

2. I've been reading about V1 and V2 mode, how do you check and change what you have?

3. Is there any way to reset the volumetric dose back to default?

Many thanks

Mark
MarkM
Latte

Re: Couple of questions from new owner

Post by MarkM »

Oh, and one more,

Can you adjust the hot water outlet temp without affecting steam pressure? I suspect no as same boiler.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

1) By definition, there is no pre-infusion in the Mini other than with the optional chamber. Pre-infusion uses line pressure to start wetting the puck before the pump kicks in. However, there is no line pressure in the tank version

2) if your board supports V1 or V2 modes when you first plug in the machine either three yellow lamps or three green lamps blink. I know the plumbed-in models support this but I am not sure about the Mini.

You can adjust the nominal temperature and, therefore, the pressure of the steam boiler. As you noted, however, it's the same boiler so the hot water temperature is whatever it is. There is no adjustment.

For more information about these programmable modes see the Owner's Manual at the link below.

V2 Mini Manual
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
MarkM
Latte

Post by MarkM »

Thank you

Return to “General Q&A”